I handed in my Portfolio (Post Grad Cert in HE)

My year as a student has ended! I handed in my portfolio of evidence for my Post Grad Certificate in Higher Education in Art and Design

Now that I have handed it in - I wish I had had the time to put more effort in - I enjoyed the experience of being a learner again - but very difficult to do this and my many jobs.

I was told we only got told whether we passed, failed or got a distinction and as I was too busy to be realistic about a distinction this meant too much extra effort a bad idea but on handing it in I was told that this year they are giving marks.

To be honest I would really like a distinction but, realistically its not going to happen. But I would be delighted!

Was it worth doing? Yes, I now feel I know much more about the pedagogy of Higher Education, and do think I have taken on board the idea of becoming a 'reflective practitioner'.

On the other hand I feel like celebrating by destroying my copy of Biggs ' Teaching for quality learning at University' - such a terrible book so badly written, and argued - so very unacademic, and so uninterested in theory.

They should not have foisted it upon us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updated Lincoln's Inn Fields Wikipedia page

How London is Divided Up