EEE PC Gimp and editing images

On the Aegean Cruise I had to edit the slides I had scanned and put them into power point. I took my EEE PC because it is light, and although it worked the small size of the screen and the software made it a little difficult. So I cannot entirely recommend it for heavy weight editing work but it works well enough for minor tinkering.

I followed instructions to load Gimp which completely failed, so I gave up on that. I intended to use the Photoshop editor on the Web but a. it did not work on the EEE PC and b. the internet connections on MV Discovery were appalling. But I did find a way of working effectively.

I used photomanager to look though lots of slides and used filemanager. I changed the view to thumbnail and configured filemanager to open up mtpaint on double clicking.

mtpaint enables cropping (using the selection tool) and some touching up - did everything I wanted gimp for.

The only remaining problem was getting rid of the unsuccessful Gimp installation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updated Lincoln's Inn Fields Wikipedia page

How London is Divided Up