The Madness of Cycling

In the City today a couple of Italians walked straight out in front of my bike - they did not even look, just walked straight out. I nearly went over the handlebars again - no one hurt.

Last couple of weeks have been a disaster re bikes

3 weeks ago back wheel stolen outside Tricia's house from Poppy's bike
2 weeks ago the gears fell off the back wheel of my bike
1 week ago a car knocks me off the bike and runs over my front wheel destroying it
Today, pedestrians throw themselves in front of me and coach runs over my favourite (and irreplaceable as they are no longer made) squire D-Lock Combination lock.

Yesterday I witnessed a mad vespa driver smash into the front of a car, and today saw a motorbike rider knocked off. (both drivers just bruised)

Is it safe out there? At least no one hurt badly and me not hurt at all.

We need dedicated cycle lanes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updated Lincoln's Inn Fields Wikipedia page

How London is Divided Up