WorldPay - how not to set up a help page

Due to changing my credit card, my payments for my domains failed - so they send me an email - I follow the links, to their shopper page.

How to change credit card details - and all the links to the faq's fail - leaving absolutely no way to make sure the payment is made.

Ok, lets see if I can contact them - absolutely no contact us button on the site - no way to find someone human to talk to.

I have to go to the Royal Bank of Scotland site, then follow their contact us route, several layers down before I find some email to send to.

The thing that is shocking as exactly the same happened two years ago and I emailed them about it then. Still they have not fixed it.

Paypal is much easier!


WorldPay Shopper Help

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updated Lincoln's Inn Fields Wikipedia page

How London is Divided Up