Izi.Travel Museum guided tour

I tested a museum's izi.travel guided tour. These were my conclusions.

The app worked very well as far as navigation was concerned. It provides a GPS based mapped route around the system.  There was a slight uncertainty as to how to start the tour but otherwise, mechanically, it looked professional and worked well.

The scripting was very professionally read by actors.  I think the main problem was that each stop was too long.  Some of them were 10 minutes long and this seemed like a bit of a slog to get through. I think it should be split up into 2 - 3 sections with optional extras if any one wants to explore.  I don't know if this is possible with the app.

I would have liked to have seen more images and less audio.

The script did not make it clear whether the spoken material by the characters was made up by the script- writer or quotes from a contemporary source.  I guess a mixture of both but the uncertainty devalued the quotations.


Another problem was that it wasn't very place orientated - I felt sometimes I might as well be in the cafe listening to it as standing on the spot prescribed by the app.

Overall, it worked but I'm not sure it made me what to seek out Museum guided tours on smart phone. It didn't offer enough. I'm left uncertain whether smartphone tours are the way forward.

But I will give it a go for one of my walks.


https://izi.travel/en

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updated Lincoln's Inn Fields Wikipedia page

How London is Divided Up