The Non-Designer's Design Book: Books: Robin Williams

I was quite surprised how much I learnt from reading Robin Williams' book. I thought I had picked up enough design ideas to be just a little beyond this book. But I was completely wrong - despite being very simple, very easy and quick to read, it manages to clearly introduce better design by use of simple rules.

I am now horrified by how often I use 12 point, Helvetica, Time Roman, and non-plussed by my horrific disregard of strong vertical alignment, the frequent use of centred text and ignorance of proximity and contrast as basic design principles.

Indeed I have tweaked this blog to get rid of the centering and to reinforce the vertical alignments.

Amazon.co.uk: The Non-Designer's Design Book: Books: Robin Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updated Lincoln's Inn Fields Wikipedia page

How London is Divided Up